Nikorima's Future Plans

By
Updated: July 18, 2017

KODI Nikorima has backed himself to become the Broncos’ long-term halfback after signing a new three-year deal this morning.

Nikorima got a six-week audition at the number seven jersey earlier this year when the departing Ben Hunt was injured.

The Broncos won all six games.

After securing the long-term deal, Nikorima said he now had the chance to make that a permanent reality.

“There is a good opportunity here to further my career,” he said.

“I have spoken to Wayne (Bennett) about it and I just want to improve my football.

“He has every belief in me and I told him I see myself as a half and that’s where I want to play.

“I’m here for another three years, and whether that comes next year or not, I am happy to further my career.”

Nikorima is currently locked in a battle with Hunt and Benji Marshall to partner Anthony Milford in the halves this season.

How that pans out he does not know, but said the competition was good for the Broncos as a whole.

He said he was happy to be led by coach Bennett.

“I couldn’t tell you (what may happen) – that’s up to Wayne,” he said.

“I will play wherever he wants me to play.

“He has to make the tough calls and I will back him up 100 per cent.

“There is no rivalry (between the players).

“I have said it before – we have four quality playmakers to choose from.

“That’s awesome to have from a team perspective, and I guess it just makes Wayne’s job harder.”

Source: http://www.broncos.com.au/news/2017/07/17/nikorima_s_future_pl.html





Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *